Use Sticky options in QuickBooks.
What is a Sticky option?
A "Sticky" option is one that, when you select it, it retains that value until you change it. Sticky options include:
- On Sales Forms:
- The Print Latercheck box on the sales forms.
- The Email Latercheck box on the sales forms.
- The Templateon the sales forms.
- The A/R accounton sales forms, if you have multiple accounts.
- The Open file in multi-user modecheck box in the Open a Company window.
- The A/P accounton purchase forms, if you have multiple accounts.
- On Bankingtransactions:
- The Bank accounton Checks and Deposits, if you have multiple bank accounts.
- The Print Laterand the Pay Online check boxes on Write Checks.
Why does QuickBooks have Sticky options?
The Sticky options are intended to save you time and effort:
- If you enter a series of Deposits, it is easier if QuickBooks defaults to the account that you want.
- If you enter a series of Invoices and each of need the same template, the Sticky option recalls the same template after you have saved the first invoice.
- The Email Later Stickyenables you to create several Invoices and Email them later in a batch.
- Printing your transaction won't remove either the To be printedor the To be emailed checkbox options selected. You need to uncheck these options to remove the transaction from the To Be Printed or To Be Emailed queues.
- Resetting the Sticky Option does not override preferences you have in place for the customer, vendor or employee.
How do I change a sticky option?
The key to changing a Sticky option is you must work with a brand new transaction.
- Open NEW
- Change the Sticky option.
- Fill in the rest of the transaction.
- Click Save & New.
- Click Previous.
- If the transaction that you just entered is a dummy, delete it.