Data appears to be missing from your QuickBooks company file.
There is a known bug in QuickBooks 2014 and 2015 that can intermittently cause random data areas not to be displayed. For example:
- Names may not appear on checks
- Vendor list may be missing
- Customer list may be missing
When this happens, the data is not actually gone and the file is not damaged. A restore from a backup is not necessary. Although there is not yet a permanent fix, there are some workarounds that will enable you to see your data again:
- First, try switching between multi-user mode and single-user mode. This will sometimes resolve the issue.
- Next, try logging off and back on
At this time there is no known method to proactively avoid experiencing this bug.
- This issue is discussed by Intuit in this support article. Please note that their first suggested fix, running File Doctor, has not been successful in our experience.
- This symptom (missing data) may also indicate QuickBooks file damage. If the above troubleshooting does not resolve the issue, or if you are experiencing other concurrent symptoms such as slowness, errors, or incorrect data, please contact NovelAspect's 24/7 technical support for further assistance.
By phone: +1 415-813-3268
On the web: submit a ticket
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org