PLEASE NOTE: You will need to make a backup of your company file first and save it to your C drive. You will then be able to move the backup to the cloud.
For help making a backup, See the NevelASPect Knowledge Base article titled How to make a back up copy of your POS File
1) Once you have made your backup and saved it to your Desktop, login to your cloud environment.
2) Click on the icon “FileExplorer”
Note: Here is an overview of the file explorer window
WHEN ACCESSING THE FILE FOLDER IN THE CLOUD ENVIRONMENT - YOU ARE VIEWING THE FILES IN THE CLOUD ENVIRONMENT – THESE LOOK VERY SIMILAR TO THOSE IN THE DESKTOP ENVIRONMENT:
1. The Favorites section, this is not your local computer – this is the Favorites section within your Cloud!
2. The Libraries are the “Private” area for the user to store files – still on the Cloud!
3. List of the all the available storage locations including the Cloud and local drives
4. The Network Location (Q:) is the Cloud’s shared drive for you and your group
5. This is your list of local storage/local computer hard drive. These are NOT on the Cloud
3) Double click on your local drive [ C: Drive] and navigate through the folders until you locate your file to upload to the cloud. [We placed our file on the C: drive Desktop, in a folder called POS Transfer File Folder]
4) Right click on your company file(or any file you wish to upload to the cloud) and choose copy from the menu
5) Left Click on the “Q” drive or your cloud drive at the left
6) Right click in the white space at the right and choose from the menu New and the choose Folder. It is recommended to stay organized and keep your backup files separate from your restore company file. Name the folder POS Backup and double click to go inside the folder
7) Right Click on the white space at the right and choose Paste from the menu
8) Your file will begin to be copied from your local computer to the cloud.