If you don't see your company file in QuickBooks' file history list, you can find and open it by following these steps:
- Click "Open or restore an existing Company"
- Select "Open a company file" and click Next
- In the upper drop down menu where it says "Look in:" select your Q: drive if it is not already selected.
4. From the list choose your company file. The file will have a yellow-green QuickBooks icon to the left side and the type will be "QuickBooks Company File".
5. If necessary also check the box to "Open file in multi-user mode"
6. Click Open